Southgate Cricket Club, is looking to appoint a Club Coach who will be responsible for the day to day delivery of junior cricket coaching at the Club.
The successful candidate will need to build upon the foundations that are in place and continue to grow and improve junior cricket coaching at the Club.
A critical element of the job will be to maintain the link between the Junior and Senior sections of the Club, ensuring juniors are being developed and integrated into Senior cricket.
As a focal point of the Club, applicants need to have good social, organisational, man management, administrative and above all coaching skills.
In addition, it is preferable that the successful candidate be available to play senior cricket on Saturdays and work closely with the 1st XI Captain to develop senior cricketers.
About the Cricket Club
Southgate Cricket Club is a club based in North London whose teams play in the Middlesex County League.
Located at the stunning Walker Ground in N14, our club has existed for over 160 years and today is proud to remain one of the best venues for club cricket in the South of England.
We field four senior teams on a Saturday and 2018 we will run Under 11s, 13s and 15s as well as an U21 Development XI which plays on Sundays.
Role and Responsibilities
- Devise and deliver the Southgate CC junior coaching programme.
- Attend and lead all Monday night coaching sessions.
- Attend / manage junior matches.
- Develop, in conjunction with junior managers and other coaches, a training programme for each age group.
- Deliver six coaching camps in school holidays. Each camp runs from 10am to 3.30pm with a range of ages and abilities. The Club Coach will devise and lead the camps in conjunction with along with assistant coaches who are recruited subject to numbers and an administrator who will manage the bookings.
- Work closely with 1st XI captain and senior players to devise effective training
- Ideally the candidate will be available to play 1st XI Cricket for Southgate CC on Saturdays throughout the summer.
- Experience of working in a similar role
- ECB coaching L2 or ideally L3
- Full DBS check
- First Aid qualified
- Eligible to work in UK
- Approximately 10 hours a week during school term time (exclusively evening based work). Approximately 30 hours a week during school holidays.
- Competitive rates, subject to experience.
Expressions of interest to be made in writing to the Club Chairman and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31st.